Madison is one of the most lively cities and the capital city of Wisconsin. Tourists can visit this place at any time of the year. Heavy snowfall is seen from December to February. The city organizes an Isthmus Beer and Cheese Fest during the winters annually. During summer the tourists can enjoy a craft beer festival –“The Great Taste of the Midwest”.
Places to visit-
- Wisconsin State Capitol- Tourists can appreciate the majestic size of this government monument and enjoy the knowledgeable tours in the building.
- Henry Villas Zoo- It displays global wildlife for animal lovers and kids.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens- It has a numerous indoor and outdoor gardens displaying a large and vivid variety of the flora.
- Lake Mendota- It is an entertainment spot offering a lake view and various water sports for the visitors.
- Lake Monona- The Lake allows swimming and boating activities for those interested.
- Madison Children’s Museum- It is a multi-storey museum that displays numerous interactive exhibits for the kids.
- Chazen Museum of Art- It has a splendid display of art work and some rotating exhibits for the visitors.
- Wisconsin Historical Museum
- Pheasant Branch Conservatory
Places to stay-
- Best Western Plus Inn Towner Madison- A 3-star hotel offerinf free Wi-Fi and breakfast along with an indoor pool, restaurant and bar facility.
- Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center- Casual hotel rooms , an indoor pool and a free airport shuttle make this hotel a good choice for a comfortable stay.
- Best Western East Towne Suites- An option for all suite rooms is available here and they serve craft beer to the guests.
- Hotel RED- They provide bikes for roaming around the city for the tourists.